Friday, July 24, 2009

Portable Feeding..24 Hrs

So the docs would not do it so I did it myself.

Pulled the bladder out of my camelpack(thanks Tim!...Christmas present), replaced it with my drip bag(feeding bladder)..attached my feeding pump to the back with bungy cords and I now have 24 hr feeding..

Old method had me attached to an IV pole and feed bag so I had maybe 7 hrs on feeding at night. At 60 calories per hour, that would be 420 calories..not nearly enough calories since I cannot take oral calories any longer.

Also, I've bumped up my liquid volume from 50 ml's per hour to 125 ml's per hour(not recommended by docs)..

I've also convinced the docs to change from Jevity 1.2 to Jevity 2.0 which is now going to be 2 calories per ml instead of 1.2.

So the way I figure it, with the increased volume, increased caloric volume and increased feeding times, I can theoretically get 6000 calories per 24 hr period or 3000 calories hooked up to my pack for 12 hrs!!

Much better than the original 720 calories per docs instructions for 12 hrs.

1 comment:

  1. Camel Back Feeding Tube- Patent it, Mikey!!!!

    xoxokatie

    ReplyDelete