Sunday, July 19, 2009

OK...I'm Out of Here!

So I just checked the manufacturer's site on administration schedules for the Jevity formulas and it looks like I'm proceeding way too slow!!


The following sample administration schedules may be used for Abbott Nutrition Medical Nutritional Products as indicated. Adjust volume and rate according to patient tolerance and nutritional needs.



* Use under medical supervision. Not for parenteral use.

Sample Administration Schedules for Formulas Having Osmolality of < 600 mosm/kg Water*


Continuous Schedule






Day
Time
Strength
Rate (mL/hr)
Volume (mL)
1
    1st 8 hours

    2nd 8 hours

    3rd 8 hours

Full

Full

Full
50

75


100
400

600

800
2
    24 hours

Full
100-125
2400-3000


So..the way I read it..Brigham's started me at 10 cc's per hour and up 10 cc's every 12 hours..way too conservative so...now I'm pushing for release! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment