Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ending Soon.


For those of you that know me really well.. you knew this wouldn't continue..


Well guess what.. after providing the results of my tests later today, I have decided to end this blog. Yes I may leave it live for awhile however once the results of the tests are reported I have completed what I have started.

I have never considered myself a cancer patient nor did I want to be view as one. If I continue along this path I may start to feel like a survivor which I also do not want.

I have experienced much in these past few months, but it is only a small part of a much more meaningful life and I do not want to dwell on the details nor do I want to continue reporting on something that may now be much less significant.

Yes I still may have a few issues relating to my recovery or my diet, but these no longer require daily posts or updates. We all have experiences, we all have issues and we have pain and discomfort. Continuing to report on mine only keeps me in the moment and not the future. The negative and not the positive.

I had chemo, I had radiation .. I had surgery and I have had cancer. Those are all in the past now and I choose to be moving forward.

For those that wish, you may call me or email me for updates at any time and I would love to hear from you.

So thank you all once again for your words, your thoughts, your compassion and your friendship. You have made my summer much more tolerable and my discomfort more bearable. I'll be back later to give you the positive results.

3 comments:

  1. Well said and written. Enough said. And written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are sure this is the little blonde headed kid from Kenmore Ave? I am in awe of your courage,determination and guts. You taught us a lesson Mike, one I hope we all who have read your blog can understand and use if or when the situation arises. You know you are in my prayers and I will keep buggin' the hell out of you for updates.
    What a guy!!!!
    Love ya Mikey,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE you!!! and appreciate you sharing your experience ~ your approach ~ your plan ~ moving forward and not being labled ~ is fantastic!!!! So very well spoken and from your heart and embraced by all of ours!

    Such an intimate ride with you dear friend... you've taught us a lot and you have a lot to teach to others who have chosen to be labled as a statistic... your wisdom needs to be shared ~ pray about that...you're not living in dread mode... but, living for the future!d SOOOO wise!!!

    Glenny has an expression "life only happens, when you're moving~!"... I LOVE that ~ You're MOVING on!!! Whoo hoo~ victorious! Fierce and strong!~

    Bless!~
    with love,
    Karen & Glenn

    ReplyDelete